Sunday, November 29, 2009

Upward Mobility

"The time has come," the Walrus said,
"To talk of many things:
Of shoes--and ships--and sealing-wax--
Of cabbages--and kings--
And why the sea is boiling hot--
And whether pigs have wings." - Lewis Carroll

The time has come for me to move on. Not from PBA, but out of the dorms and into my own life. I have grown to hate the entrapment I feel here. It would not be so bad if I had a car to drive, a way to leave this place without having to depend on the grace of others. The way it is now, my whole existence revolves around this campus. I live here, I eat here, I work here, I go to school here. The only off campus activity I have is Congregation. I meet PBA people, I live with them, and exist with them. I want to cut that cord. I feel that if I had an apartment off campus, I could get more involved with other activities. Neighborhoods and apartment complexes are great places to meet new people. Grad school will start for me in a little over a year, and I am staying at PBa, so I need to make a change soon or I may burn out! Any advice?

No comments:

Post a Comment